Merz announced today its partnership with supermodel, actress and entrepreneur, Christie Brinkley to help empower women to live, feel and look their best at any age by sharing tips she’s learned from maintaining her youthful appearance during her 45-year span in the beauty and fashion industries. Through this initiative, Ms. Brinkley, a mom, actress and entrepreneur, shares why she chose to have the lines between her brows treated with Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) and Ultherapy®, the non-surgical skin tightening and lifting treatment, on her neck and décolletage to remain looking timeless and natural at age 63.
I am vigilant about choosing products and treatments that help me to look as vibrant as I feel. When it comes to my body, I don’t compromise. Eating organic, exercising, practicing yoga and being active – it’s all part of staying healthy. I chose Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) because it is highly purified, FDA-approved and clinically proven to temporarily smooth the lines between the brows,” stated Ms. Brinkley. “There are so many great non-invasive ways to give you the ‘perk’ that can help you look as good as you feel inside. That is why I am excited to work with Merz to help raise awareness that there are treatment options like Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) and Ultherapy® available to adults of every age when they feel like they can use a little extra zing.”
Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is the most recently approved botulinum toxin type A by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines, or frown lines between the eyebrows, in adult patients. Ultherapy® is the first and only treatment FDA-cleared to non-invasively lift the eyebrow, neck, and chin, and to improve lines and wrinkles on the décolletage. Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) and Ultherapy® have not been studied or approved for combination use.
“Patients come to my practice to explore aesthetic medical options to help them look their best,” stated Dr. Patricia Wexler, a New York City-based dermatologist. “I appreciate that Christie is sharing her experiences with Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) and Ultherapy®, letting people know that in-office treatments do not have to be intimidating and can help the world see them as they see themselves.”
According to a recent study1, 83 percent of respondents had in-office procedures like Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) or Ultherapy® to “look good for their age”. One out of three injectable patients say that they were motivated because of a particular moment in their lives. This can range from a “mirror moment” to a birthday or hearing about a friend’s or family member’s successful treatment.
“Christie is as iconic today as she was in her 20’s,” said Bob Rhatigan, CEO of Merz North America. “She is the perfect partner to help us educate consumers about Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) and Ultherapy® because she shares our vision that adults of all ages should feel confident in how they present themselves to the world.”
As part of the partnership, Ms. Brinkley will share her overall beauty routine, including her tips for flawless skin, healthy hair, a strong body and a clean diet.
For more information about Xeomin® and Ultherapy® please visit the Find A Doctor sections of their websites at: http://www.xeominaesthetic.com/find-a-provider/ and https://locator.ultherapy.com/united-states.
About Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA)
Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is the most recently approved botulinum toxin type A by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines, or frown lines between the eyebrows, in adult patients. For more information please visit www.XeominAesthetic.com.
|XEOMIN® IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
Indication & Usage
XEOMIN® (Zeo-min) is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults for a short period of time (temporary).
XEOMIN® may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems anytime (hours to weeks) after treatment with XEOMIN®:
• Problems with swallowing, speaking, or breathing. These problems can happen hours to weeks after an injection of XEOMIN® if the muscles that you use to breathe and swallow become weak after the injection. Death can happen as a complication if you have severe problems with swallowing or breathing after treatment with XEOMIN®.
• People with certain breathing problems may need to use muscles in their neck to help them breathe. These patients may be at greater risk for serious breathing problems with XEOMIN®.
|• Swallowing problems may last for several months. People who cannot swallow well may need a feeding tube to receive food and water. If swallowing problems are severe, food or liquids may go into your lungs. People who already have swallowing or breathing problems before receiving XEOMIN® have the highest risk of getting these problems.
• Spread of toxin effects. In some cases, the effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas of the body away from the injection site and cause symptoms of a serious condition called botulism. The symptoms of botulism include: loss of strength and muscle weakness all over the body, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice, trouble saying words clearly, loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing.
These problems could make it unsafe for you to drive a car or do other dangerous activities.
Do not use XEOMIN if you are allergic to XEOMIN® or any of the ingredients in XEOMIN® (see the end of this Medication Guide for a list of ingredients in XEOMIN®), had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin products such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®, BOTOX® COSMETIC), or abobotulinumtoxinA (DYSPORT®) or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
Ask a doctor before use if you
- have a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome)
- have had any side effect from any other botulinum toxin in the past
- have a breathing problem such as asthma or emphysema
- have a history of swallowing problems or inhaling food or fluid into your lungs (aspiration)
- have bleeding problems
- have drooping eyelids
- have plans to have surgery
- have had surgery on your face
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if XEOMIN® can harm your unborn
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if XEOMIN® passes into breast milk.
XEOMIN is not recommended for use in children younger than 18 years of age.
Tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions and all of the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. Using XEOMIN® with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received XEOMIN in the past.
Especially tell your doctor if you
- have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last four months
- have received injections of botulinum toxin such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®, BOTOX® COSMETIC) and abobotulinumtoxinA (DYSPORT®) in the past. Be sure your doctor knows exactly which product you The dose of XEOMIN® may be different from other botulinum toxin products that you have received.
- have recently received an antibiotic by injection
- take muscle relaxants
- take an allergy or cold medicine
- take a sleep medicine
- take a blood thinner medicine
Ask your doctor if you are not sure if your medicine is one that is listed above.
Possible Side Effects
XEOMIN can cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. See “Warnings.” Headache was the most common side effect of XEOMIN for treatment of glabellar lines. Other possible side effects include:
- dry mouth
- discomfort or pain at the injection site
- neck pain
- muscle weakness
- eye problems, including: double vision, blurred vision, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes. Reduced blinking can also occur. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have eye pain or irritation following
XEOMIN may cause other serious side effects including allergic reactions. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to XEOMIN® may include: itching, rash, redness, swelling, wheezing, asthmasymptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you get wheezing or asthma symptoms, or if you get dizzy or faint.
|These are not all the possible side effects of XEOMIN®. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.|
• XEOMIN® is a shot (injection) that your doctor will give you.
• XEOMIN® is injected into your affected muscles.
• Your doctor may change your dose of XEOMIN® until you and your doctor find the best dose for you.
General information about the safe and effective use of XEOMIN
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use XEOMIN for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give XEOMIN to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them. You can ask your pharmacist or doctor for information about XEOMIN that is written for health professionals.
|Read the Medication Guide before you start receiving XEOMIN® and each time XEOMIN® is given to you as there may be new information. The risk information provided here is not comprehensive. To learn more:
• Talk to your health care provider or pharmacist
• Visit www.xeominaesthetic.com to obtain the FDA-approved product labeling
• Call 1-866-862-1211
Active Ingredient: incobotulinumtoxinA
Inactive Ingredients: human albumin and sucrose
As the first and only treatment FDA-cleared to non-invasively lift the eyebrow, neck and chin, and to improve lines and wrinkles on the décolletage, Ultherapy® is the only cosmetic procedure to use ultrasound imaging to target the skin’s foundational layer to lift and tighten naturally, without surgery or downtime. The most common side effects reported in clinical trials were redness, swelling, pain and transient nerve effects.
Reported adverse events from post-marketing surveillance are available in the Instructions for Use (IFU). Please see the IFU for product and safety information, including a full list of these events at www.Ultherapy.com/IFU.
Copyright © 2017 Merz North America, Inc. All rights reserved. Merz Aesthetics, the Merz Aesthetics logo, and Xeomin are registered trademarks, and Xperience Program is a trademark, of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA. Botox®, Dysport® and Myobloc® are registered trademarks of their respective owners. Ultherapy is a registered trademark of Ulthera, lnc.
About Christie Brinkley
Supermodel, TV, Film and Stage Actress, Christie Brinkley is also well known as an Entrepreneur with many businesses including Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare, hair extension collection and an organic prosecco line. Internationally recognized, Christie Brinkley has appeared on more than 500 magazine covers worldwide. She is the author of two bestselling books, her most recent, “Timeless Beauty; Over 100 Tips, Secrets, and Shortcuts to Looking Great” which debuted on the New York Times Bestseller list, will come out next year in paperback. As one of the most famous Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Icons, Christie, 63-years-young, returned to the pages of SI Swimsuit this year, and proved that age is nothing more than a number. She came back in a bikini, and this time, a first for the brand, she was joined by daughters Sailor Brinkley-Cook and Alexa Ray Joel. Christie is also mom to Jack, currently studying acting in NYC.